ponedeljek, 13. avgust 2012

The aligator, fish and penguin

Hualien, 12.8.  2012

In the morning, my elusive roommate showed up. My first thought was that there were now to tall (well taller than the locals) and kind of blond girls walking around. Imagine the staring :)

After I explained there are no mattrasses we head out for lunch to a local place where they made us cook on our own :p We each got our own hot pot and we started throwing in things to eat. Mine mostly had sea food and vegetables, but I did see some rice with pig blood and weird looking meat in the pots of the guys that took us there... I was very happy with my choice of food. We broke Paul 's heart (the contact persone for the exchange) when he found out the clams are still alive when you put them in the pot. After 20 years of not knowing :)

After that we went shoping for a lunch box, since we are in buddhist campus and you bring your own things to eat out of to the caffeteria. Good for them, less cleaning to do :) Throwing leftovers away is just not done!

In the afternoon and the orientation walk through the amazing campus, we took a ride towards the mountains to Liyu lake, named after it's fish shape (a carp acutally), although I can't see the resemblance at all :)


It's the largest natural lake in Taiwan, 2 km in lenght. You can kajak, rent bikes and these boats with pedals that totally reminded me to my familiy vaications on the Croatian coast when I was little. I chose the penguin and we even manadged to convince Paul, although he once feel in the watter from that thing. He obviously didn't learn from that experience since he still hasn't learned to swim :)



And so it was time to eat local stile again :) This time we had rice with various types of meat and some vegetable called watter lily, but it's not really that, or is it? ...



Anyway, it was delicious. And now, I'm hungry, so bye :p




Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar