sreda, 15. avgust 2012

13.8. 2012, stil Hualien :p

Finally it was time to go to hospital :)
Yes, this is why I'm here, to see if asian babies are any different :p
I was handed a white coat, so I had doctor status... not really an honor in Taiwan I was told. The rate of lawsuits agains doctors is higher than in the USA...
Then there were problems with the lenght of Eva's pants, my toes are not supposed to bo showing and they wear polo shirt (????). But then at the depatment - no they don't care, so in your face admitions office :)

No, that is not a swastica... look it up!!!

I was taken to the nonatal care, but only got a glampse (sooooo cuteee) before they moved me to general pediatrics, where I met the head of the department. I was told my nose is nice (finally some recognition :p) because it's pointy and narrow :D

I'll let you in on a little secret - they have no idea what to do with me :) So again I just smile and wave and do what ever. In the morning I tag along at their rounds and get some translation on what's happening sometimes. Then I check what they were talking about in the patient log. One part of it is sometimes in English :p Then we have a seminar every day that the students prepare - it' s in English just for moi... After that I walk around and entertain the kids, that find me very weird :) And then I sneak out a little early for lunch and come back a little later than the other students. At the last part I go on rounds again and then pretend to study the neurology textbook until it's time to go.
Can't tell you what I've seen... signed some papers on that matter :)
What I can tell you - the view from the window is very nice :)


The best thing in this hospital is the tons of volunteers, mostly women from all over Taiwan that come to live at the center for a while. A couple of days ago we were at the office just as one group was leaving and the other arrived and they had this nice ceremony. Buddhists, gotta love them :)


The building I work at is called :

I managed to find the library also and used sign language to get the textbook that makes me seem busy when I have nothing to do but smile at the patients. You know, just going with the Patch Adams aproach towards healing :)

Ah yes, I almost forgot this hude neighbour of the hospital:

 The Hall of Still Thoughts. The Tzu Chi 

And tomorrow... food :)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar