sobota, 18. avgust 2012

Mr. Goose and pee

16.8. 2012

Before coming here, I wasn't eating meat for a few months. Not getting into the details, I was only eating fish. But here... well impossible. So I have a challenge: try as much food as possible. The challenge of my roommate is on the other hand learn one chinese sentence per day.
My part of the challenge is doing great. Not only for the traditional part, but I also try one of their snacks every day. Till now on the snack and drinks part I've tried dried mango, aloe vera jelly with different flavours, seaweed and sushi flawoured chips...
One night we went out to get dinner once again in a tradicional restaurant. They like to name restaurants miss and mr, so this one was mr. goose. They obviously specialize in goose :D


The outdoor kitchen...


Eva was suddenly not that hungry anymore :) So the guys ordered goose soup with noodles and various parts of the goose - next to the chest also liver and heart and the always present rice with blood, only this time it was goose not pigs. I was challenged to try the blood, which I declined since I tried it before (not bad, but still not that great that I would want to eat it all the time) and some eggs a awful brown color. Steven being him self, would not tell me what the deal was until I tried. So I did together with some tofu. After that I was told that the egg was fermented in urea, commonly known as pee :)


The story goes, that a farmer dropped an egg into horse pee, but had no other food so ate it anyway. He discovered, that it was acctually good and started to make this dish tradicionally. Since they don't have that much horse pee anymore, they use urea. I than told Steven we use urea in face creams and we realized that most of the things they eat, we put on the skin :)

Tofu with egg in pee :)


There was also bamboo as a kind of side dish, but it was the least tasty thing I tried up to now.
Have to try it again somewhere elso, hope I change my mind.
bamboo

goose

rice with goose blood


After the dinner there was some shoping to be done. We were interested what the prices were like. The lesson we girls got was that all the dresses look very short on us... :) Damn the small asian girls. So no girly dresses for me :)





Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar