sobota, 15. september 2012

Yehliu with all the surprises

Yehliu, 13.9. 2012

Before leaving Slovenia, I got a very unexpected text from a friend giving me some tips on Taiwan...
I remember two in particular - don't eat durian and go to Yehliu :) Oh, and I almost forgot another one - do shoping in Hualien :)))

So since I followed two of them, I descided to also go to Yehliu. It's a great one day trip from Taipei. I was cehcking it on line and was very surprised taht every one seemed to have problems with public transportation. My trip was great and simple. I bought a ticket at the bus station at the main station in Taipei, hopped on the bus 5 minutes later (it leaves every 20 minutes or so) and got of at the station Yehliu an hour and a half later.






I than followed the signes through Yehliu fishing village, which in known for their lantern festival, admired the temple on the way and the fishing boats and arrived at the park 10 minutes later. I could't miss it due to the numerous buses parked outside.
It's wise to go early, since after 1 pm, the turistes are to much to handle and you just get annoyed at the chinese turistes screaming all the time. They are not very civilized, so the park actually has people employed to walk around and tell people not to climb the rock formations... Awful...
The park also denied me the student ticket, they only accept ISIC cards as valid... I payed 50 NT (1,35 €) instead of 30 ;)



From above... I was one of the few that climbed on the top to see the park...

Famous queens head and in the backgrounf turists - chinese of course.


Typical mushroom rocks.

Fairy slipper.

Elephant.

Water container.


The employes are very nice and tell you what shapes to look for in the formations.... You can see some above.
After a while, I got really tired from the sun and found shade in the covered marked near by, where I bought some special food. There is also an ocean park with dolphin shows, but I wasn't really interested so I head back to the bus stop. There I got a free ticket back to Taipei (98 NT = 2,65 €) from a taxy driver whose client didn't need it anymore. :)))
By the way - you can pay for the ticket with your public transportation easy card, so it makes the journey even easier.
I really recomend this trip out of season due to the turists.... really anoying :))))

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar