sobota, 15. september 2012

In the name of liberty

Taipei, 12.9. 2012

All the parks and squares here have nice names...peace park, liberty square... I like it :)

So I was kind of curious what it's all about and descided to find out. I took the MRT to CSK memorial hall. When I came out from the MRT, I first saw a big temple like building, that turned out to be the National concert hall.
Walking on, there was another building, that looked just like it, which is the National theater.


Between the both lie the The gate of great centrality and perfect uprightness :))))
I just love this name :)

And on the other side in the light of the light of dusk, I saw the Chiang Kai-shek memorial hall. It's 70 m high and hold a bronze statue of the former president, which you can see from the outside...

In the hall, there are many exhibitions, there was one on Dali at the moment,
 hence the clock on the picture above :)

My timing being unpeckable again, since the change of guards did not staart at 17.00, 
but at 16.50 to end at a ful hour, it was also the last one that day...

Everyone was impressed, even the kids...

...and monks :)

I was more impressed by the view as the sun was going down...

The ceiling with the taiwanese sun.

And the statue with the very cheerful looking and smiling president.

Last look before leaving :)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar